Saturday, July 11, 2015

Teach like a Champion

I finished Part I and want to share before i forget. Part I contains chapters dedicated to areas of instruction. Preparation, feedback, classroom environment etc. In these topics, were strategies displayed by master teachers. The author has included DVD clips to accompany the strategies. I've enjoyed the specificity of the strategies because they provide concrete examples for classroom use. The DVD was my favorite part because the teachers in action were of all shapes, sizes, ages, races, and personalities and yet they could all tap into the same toolbox of strategies with nearly identical approaches. Part II focuses on teaching literacy, so if that's your interest you get an extra gift. As music teachers, we are looking for ways to adopt classroom practice into a non-traditional classroom environment. What techniques are your favorite in the music room?

No comments:

Post a Comment