Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Need a Good Read?

The Summer has been filled with wonderful fictions and it was time to ease back into teaching. Since I loved the quote: "Never work harder than your students", I chose this text to improve professionally while leisurely engaging in a critical dialogue about teaching. If you are a teacher in need of a educational read, this may be just the book for you. I haven't gotten past the introduction, but so far I like the premise of a master-teacher frame of mind. Especially because i have the tendency to work hard and not always "smart" I can brainstorm ways of making my classroom more student lead. I'll leave you with a quote from the section titled "The Principle": "Master teachers understand that knowing what to stop doing is just as important as knowing what to do"

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment